Monday 18 October 2010

Life Drawing Class

Life Drawing Class

The class was looking at capturing the initial gesture of the pose.  The 3 one minute poses helped to free me up and not too worry too much about proportion.  I found that I did managed to capture the essence of the pose


In the 5 minute pose, although not sure I got the proportions accurately I like the light and shade I captured. 

I really enjoyed the second 5 minute pose again thought I captured the light and shade well.  I have also been bold for me and drawn the face which I always find daunting. 

The nest drawing was a10 minute pose.  Initially I started too far over on the page.  The head looks a bit squashed and I struggled with the lower legs and ran out of time.

I was really pleased with this drawing (20 minute pose – lady lying down).  I felt I captured the gesture and the proportions well.  Initially I did struggle, again with the lower legs and the foreshortening.  I ran out of time to complete the detail but felt I still captured it.  I also think the light and shade is good.  I was really please with overall drawing.


No comments:

Post a Comment