Tuesday 26 October 2010

Life Drawing Class

The Drawings did not flow as well this week.  We were looking at capturing the anatomical landmarks and basic shapes.  I found the back easier to mark than the legs.  I do like the tonal effect achieved with charcoal and the ease of drawing with it.

The first pose was 10 minutes and I struggle with the angle of left leg.   I also struggled with getting the head to look like it is leaning on to the hand.

3 one minute poses - the second drawing the legs are totally wrong.  Generally find the legs hard to capture in one stroke than the back.

15 minute pose – really like the shading in this drawing.  I think the back is too long and I need to gain some confidence in drawing hands and feet!

20 minute pose – very small for the page for some reason.


Last one was a 20 minute pose – I was getting very tired and struggled again with the legs but pleased with the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment