Tuesday 26 October 2010

Life Drawing Class - using ink

I really struggled tonight, I lacked confidence in putting the final lines down with the pen and ink and so none of the pictures pulled together.  I kept giving up.  Not sure what the problem was as I have used this technique before and been quite pleased with the result but just could not pull it together this time.



Looking back the inks were too watered down.  I struggled with proportion and was very hesitant.  I do think in retrospect that it can be about how confident one is feeling and I need to be brave enough to go for it and just get lines down and not worry about mistake.  When I am hesitant and very self critical I make more mistakes, feel like giving up and this, in turn, inhibits my work...

No comments:

Post a Comment