Tuesday 26 October 2010

Using Charcoal





I really enjoyed using the charcoal.  I find it quite freeing. I love the tone and energy you can get with it.  It does get extremely messy but I love the dramatic effect.  I particularly like the drawing of the women’s bottom. 







  You can get a really crisp line particularly with the compressed charcoal. 

The graphite sticks have taken more getting used to as I have never used them before.  I really like the small graphite sticks.  I found it easier with a broken piece of stick as it was shorter.  I like the texture and there is a lot of energy in its effect.  It is not as dramatic as Charcoal but also not as messy.

I discovered I had run out of fixative and hairspray – so they will probably all smudge as well. I really enjoyed this exercise but have just realised that I supposed to do it in small boxes - oh well!


Graphite
Graphite




Graphite




No comments:

Post a Comment