Tuesday 26 October 2010

Mark Making Techniques


Initally I found this exercise ok.  I struggled with stippling and with ideas.  I then looked at others work and did a bit more.  It all seemed to take a long time and I started to get bored and frustrated.  I felt that ideas did not flow easily but in the end I did enjoy the cross hatching and the effect it gives.  I was getting more used to stippling but found it frustratingly slow.  However, I can see that it can be effective in developing texture and it also reminded me of the Impressionists.  In particular George Seurat “Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte


The stippling and the hatching did not work well with the softer mediums – charcoal and conte crayons.  I did not really like the felt tips I used – they gave a very lined effect.





No comments:

Post a Comment